The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

[closed]

Next year

(124 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

Yes please Christine to passing on my email address to Helen. I don’t do Facebook so would not be able to view the pictures of the Mouse House.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jean, I've sent your email address to Helen

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Hello Christine.....can you send mine to Helen as well please.....same reason as Jean - I don't do any of the social media sites.

Thank you.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

No problemo Brenda, will do

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Morning All
    Was a nice bright morning clouding over now. Fiona coming for a stitching session and lunch. Got a pan of asparagus soup on the go. She is coming to collect some things I got for her at Lady Sew and Sew and Hobbycraft. Coming before lockdown kicks in yet again!!!!!

Hope everyone is stocked up with projects for this next month or so. Hopefully it will just be that!!

Jeff found an article on the internet this morning that might give some people a bit of a laugh. The Rolling Stones are sueing Donald Trump for using their songs at his rallies without their permission!!!! Wonder if The Village People will do the same now that he is using YMCA?

Well off to finish making the soup. Then sitting in the conservatory stitching for most of the day hopefully.

Hope everyone stays well during the next month.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Hello girls,

What a mixture of weather today!....been into Nantwich - primarily to get to the library before it closes for lockdown..... so as Jean suggests - I am getting stocked up with things to stitch and things to read...

You must thank Jeff for me for letting us know about the Rolling Stones sueing Donald Trump - I thought that was hilarious - it was lovely of you to pass it on just at the time we needed something to laugh at.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the election over the pond.....don't think there's much to chose between either contestant actually.

Must now go and do something with my hair - it got plastered to my head with all the rain whilst out this morning. Pity really - it had been brilliant sunshine when we got parked up the car and got out......10 minutes later we were soaking wet......still at least the two brollies we keep in the car were nice and dry (!!).....

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Hi Ladies

Well today is lovely - it was frosty when I looked out at 7am. Hope the sunshine lasts as we've had quite enough rain. When I went to the office yesterday the 2 rivers I cross had burst their banks & a few of the fields had lakes in them !!

I had heard that Trump was being sued by some else for using music without permission - just typical of the bully he is. As I write this he is losing, but I'm sure he's going to win by fair means or more likely foul ones.

Well we avoided Tier 3, but only while they decide if we are going into lockdown or not. The only real change it makes to me is not being able to go to the pub. Mick is hoping that all the dance schools & health groups that use the community centre will still continue to meet so that he does not have to be furloughed.

For those who wanted to see the Mouse House you should have been bombarded with pictures by me.

Better do a bit more work now

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The Stones were threatening to sue Trump for using their music without permission

Neil Young IS suing Trump's campaign for using his songs ditto (ref. BBC website, 5th August)

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

And thank you, Helen for all the photographs! :oD

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Thank you Christine for clarifying who is / might be suing
    Glad you like the photos

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Thanks for the pictures Helen I love the mouse house. When the series was started I considered making them but decided they were a bit fiddly for me. Lovely to see what you have done with them.

Had email from my cousin in the US this morning. She voted in her first US election as until now she hasn’t been eligible. What her husband thinks of Trump is I think unrepeatable!!! He is ex army and very high up I think Jeff said a Lieutenant Colonel (don’t know much about army ranks) and a black American.

I have plenty of stitching projects to keep me busy but Amazon may be getting a few orders for real and kindle books!!!!

Have been ordering birthday and Christmas presents on line. Eldest grandson has had all his birthday treats cancelled due to Covid. He wanted to go to Alton Towers for the fireworks because he really enjoyed it last year Judith booked and paid for the fireworks a supplement on top of their passes. It took them 2 hours to get out of the car park last year and Judith said she wished she had paid for them to stay in the hotel overnight so we payed for that this year. First fireworks cancelled but made a pass holder card weekend well they have Merlin passes so that was fine but now all cancelled. Now trying to order him alternative presents online. His birthday is 19th November so in middle of this next scheduled lockdown.

Well off to do some more stitching or perhaps knitting as now dark and only 5.15 I really don’t like this time of year.

Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Hi Jean, thanks for your kind words about the mouse house. Your grandson shares is birthday with my step-daughter

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Hello Helen love,
    Brilliant photos - thank you for sending them. I'm writing back to you via e-mail .... love xxx

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Hello all
    Well here we are again in semi lockdown. Had check up call from dieticians on Friday said I go out to shop once a week got told I should do online shopping if possible. Sorry I don’t trust other people to select my fresh food!! We do mail order meat from a butcher in Exeter who we met at The New Forest Show originally but have used them for years and they are almost friends now, let’s put it this way they call us by our Christian names.

Well I wonder how long the fuss over the US election will go on for? Georgia where my cousin lives is having a recount because things were so close. I loved the comment from the guy (forgotten who it was) who said Trump should put his big boy pants on and concede defeat.

Just watched Rememberance service on TV very strange this year. Spoke to Judith son in law gone to village Cenotaph she and the boys couldn’t go. Richard could as ex military. Last year they all went as eldest grandson went “on parade” with Beavers.

Well off to do some more stitching. Jeff going to instal new Sky router later I might be able to use my iPad in the conservatory then!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

Totally agree Helen, they’re great. Thanks for sending them. You put my work to shame.

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Barbara, I can't quilt & you do beautiful stitching - don't put yourself down

Jean I heard the comment about the big boy pants as well & it made me laugh. I totally agree with who ever said it. Hope you can use the ipad in the conservatory now

We went down to the local memorial yesterday - no service. I was surprised how many people turned up just the pay their respects.
    As Leicester is not on Remembrance weekend next year I'm hoping we may be able to go to London & march with the Legion

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Oh - Donald Trump - you have to laugh at what's gone on - he really has been like a child in a school playground kicking the wall because he can't have his way. One of our friends sent us a picture joke of him wearing his red baseball cap and building a wall round the White House (so's no-one could get in) - that made me laugh......

I too watched the t.v. service at the Cenotaph yesterday morning. Even despite the social distancing and lack of general public 'audience' - it seemed a very sombre and dignified service I thought - and as usual David Dimbleby did his voice over coverage with just the right amount of solemnity and gravitas. Very moving. What did seem strange was the non attendance of Prince Andrew and Prince Harry - but, there again, neither of them were entitled to be there really, with Andrew and his shenanigans and Harry denounced from the Royal Family, but it must have felt most strange - and possibly embarrassing - for the Queen to have those two 'empty' places in the line up of her family. It seemed to me too that Prince Charles was looking depressed by the situation and not at his best. I thought he should have had a haircut for one thing - he looked a bit scruffy in that regard I felt and also his uniform didn't look as spick and span as it should. Prince William though - standing there so erect - with his personal grooming and uniform looking so smart - was absolutely magnificant.

From what I've read in the news since it seems Prince Harry asked if a wreath could be laid on his behalf and the Palace refused. Maybe we all have different reactions to that but at the end of the day he can't expect to be an ordinary member of Joe Public one day and then expect to pick up his royal standing the next because he wants to be included in something that represents a royal tradition. A difficult situation but I feel the right decision was made. I do feel tremendously sorry for the Queen though having to be embroiled in these wranglings. I daresay she would love to have the opportunity to see her great-grandson but I can't see that happening any time soon either.... the saddest thing of all is that the rift seems to be getting wider all the time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Jean Strange

Morning everyone from a very grey and overcast Berkshire

Brenda we received that cartoon of Donald Trump too via our street WhatsApp group. Friends Derek and Angie set it up during first lockdown so we could all do a “hello we’re ok how is everyone else?” Then it became a sharing cartoons and jokes to cheer everyone up. One neighbour posted recently “don’t let them take your temperature when you go to Tesco it wipes your brain. I went in for bread and milk and came out with chocolate and wine!” I think that strikes a chord with a lot of us.

Fiona would like to come over for another as she puts it “bitch and stitch” session. Unfortunately this time don’t think that’s possible as we think there are some beady eyes who would report us and as this time around there are fines if you don’t stick to the rules we don’t think it is worth risking.

Have had my official letter from the government about my does and don’ts as a clinically vulnerable person. Basically I’m under house arrest again. Only supposed to go out for exercise on my own or with Jeff and to attend medical appointments. Not even supposed to go to pharmacy to collect meds. It’s get someone else to go or use delivery option. Honestly our pharmacy is less than 5 minutes walk away!!!!!! Supermarkets etc definite no I really am getting totally fed up with this.

My pen friend Sue in the US is a midwife and when she emailed me this week they had 3 patients with Covid-19 on the ward. She is totally fed up with it too as you can imagine. Her daughter is a doctor in New York and obviously she can’t go to see her and her granddaughter either. Having lost her husband just before Christmas last year she is really missing being able to see her children and friends.

Well off for another cup of tea then a bit of tidying and more stitching etc whilst waiting for the BT engineer. Trying to keep sane. Hope everyone is keeping well out there.

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Barbara Stone

Not a happy bunny at the moment as you can imagine, but I consider myself lucky, compared with a lot of other people. Bob was put on steroids a couple of weeks ago, so I have to be really careful about keeping away from everybody, in case Bob gets ithe plague, because steroids lower the immunity.

We ordered a skip to be delivered this morning, so I’m busy clearing up the garden, and getting rid of the rubbish we were meant to be getting rid of earlier this year, but didn’t. Actually, having the skip, has meant that I’ve seen a lot more people walking past the house today, than Ive seen in a long while, and managed to catch up with of them. As long as the weather stays dry, I’ll be able to get on with filling it tomorrow, or the rest of the week.

It was a nice day today, if a bit cold, but I managed to get quite a bit done. Thank goodness it’s the weekend, and we don’t have any more hospital appointments for Bob for the next two days, and I don’t have to leave my bed at the crack of dawn, in order to drive him to them. Why, oh why, do they insist on making appointments for 8.30 am? In my day, the clinics didn’t start until at least 9.00am. At least I can sit in a lay-by and do some embroidery while waiting for him. Hope you are all keeping well.

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. Morning girls.....hope we are all okay.

Woke up to torrential rain this morning and it looked like we were in for a long, grey, dreary day but - it's now coming up to lunchtime and the sun is shining....albeit a bit windy outside. Several plant pots have rolled over. I'm not bothering to pick them up yet as they'll probably go over again.

Sorry to hear you are under house arrest again Jean - but needs must to keep you well shielded. You've come on so well after your operation you simply do not want to put yourself at risk now.

Having said that - if you are well and Fiona is well, personally I don't see why you couldn't have had a socially distanced meet up for a cup of tea and a stitching session; but I have noted your words about people possibly reporting you. Do you know - I have no idea who dreamed up this idea that people should report each other for 'misdemeanours' - but what a vile thing to suggest, or to do to someone. Maybe you should consider living in my road. I'm at the head of a cul de sac and can quite easily see all the comings and goings in the various houses. At least 5 other houses - and including ours - have had workmen in doing various jobs during the summer months and into autumn. I very much doubt we are alone in this respect - but it's still a horrible thing to suggest people do.

We're now past the first week of this second lockdown so let's hope that by the 2nd December we can, as they say we can, get back to a bit more freedom.

Hope the rubbish clearing goes well Barbara - once it's all squared up you will get an immense feeling of satisfaction when you look at what you've achieved. Hope too that Bob goes along okay with his treatment for his eyes.

Off to put the washing machine on now....might even be able to do some pegging outside today if this sun and wind continues......

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.