The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

[closed]

Next year

(124 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Hope you all had a good Christmas

Mick's granddaughter arrived on Christmas Eve. We are going to see her on Saturday.

Santa brought me 2 lamps for stitching under

As Christmas Day was lovely and sunny we took a picnic to the seaside - near Whitby

Hope you all have a good New Year

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Helen, Congratulations on being a step grandmother, and hope that everything is well with her, and glad that Father Christmas decided you’d been good enough to get two lamps.
    My final disaster of the year happened during the storm on .Saturday night, when the boiler decided it was frightened, and wouldn’t work, so we’ve had no hot water or heating since then. They are going to repair it on Friday, so things should hopefully improve after that.
    I don’t know, this year has had more than it’s fair share of things going wrong. Let’s hope the vaccine works and we all get it swiftly.
    Happy new year to everybody.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Hooray Helen on Santa bringing you the two lamps you coveted....obviously you have a very nice Santa up in Yorkshire......

Laughed Barbara at your description of Christmas - cooking, washing up etc. Just about describes the Christmas of us all I think. As for your plea of what to do with your Cashel linen...well, you could find a nice squared design to stitch as a box lid; then make the rest of the box in fabric, so not only would you have something pretty, but also something useful.- or stitch a lovely design and use it as the front of a tote bag. Get your thinking cap on but don't do anything with it until you've made up your mind.

Just hope in the meantime that your boiler gets repaired on Friday - Friday!! - that's New Year's Day - so I just hope these people do actually turn up. Why is it though that these wretched things always go wrong at the coldest time of the year....Fingers crossed for you anyway, and commiserations and hugs- it's just so miserable at home when there's no heating.

Let's hope the New Year will see us turning a corner into better times.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

This thread is now closed

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.