The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(244 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Shall I make you jealous and tell you that we had two live ones on the patio last night, so Bob put some food out for them! That means I shall have to remember to put food out for them every night now, as they seem to expect it. I’ve never seen mine curled up reading a book, or having a bath either. Maybe I ought to make a small rocking chair for them!

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yup, we're officially jealous

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

We’ve now got three on the patio, and sex has reared it’s ugly head! Two males and one female. I feel sorry for the female, as she has to curl up to stop the boys getting to her, and of course misses out on s lot of the food. Lovely to watch them. Sorry to make you jealous!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Jealous here too
    I would love to have real ones in the garden

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Well today is so much colder than the last 2 - typical as we head in to a holiday weekend
    Actually sat on the patio & did a bit on stitching yesterday

We have just booked to go to the lakes on April 19th - all caravan parks should be open then for self contained accommodation - something to look forward to

Jane's pansy sweete bag that Jean did has come back into stock so I ordered it yesterday, but the postman hasn't been today - he'll come tomorrow when I'm out !!

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Yes, not such a nice day here either after the previous two. Didn't they make you feel better though for being out in the sunshine.

We've made a pretty impressive list of posts on this particular thread......is this our all time record do you think?

Had my second jab yesterday afternoon - it hurts...... The needle went in and 'tingled' on something and I woke up in the night and had to take a paracetamol - it went right across my shoulders and onto the other arm in the same place - how weird is that!

But!! - will I never learn and I was telling the nurse about my experience with the Test and Trace set up (I had the virus in January - and they pestered the life out of me day after day for what felt like forever) - turns out she was part of the local set up for that as well as undertaking the vaccination programme - and didn't seem to appreciate my observations on the way their duties were carried out. Me and my big mouth......

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. I've also heard about people being pestered by the track & trace, but also know of a case when no contact was made after they had been informed

Sorry to hear the jab was so bad second time

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Thank you Helen - I reckon I shall be a brave soldier and come through it...... (well, actually my arm feels normal this morning......)

Agree with your comments too on Test and Trace though as I have a friend in Kent whose sister had the virus same time as me and never heard a dicky bird from them!....I said to him that she could have some of the buggers that were pestering me......

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Hope everyone had a good Easter. The weather was much better here than was forecast, plenty of sunshine. Last 2 days have been sunny & windy, but very cold. Today is sunny as well - not stepped out yet.

We finally got to meet Mick's granddaughter on Saturday - she's a lovely little thing

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

So glad you managed to meet up with Micks grand daughter at last. With the way things were going, not being able to meet up, I was expecting you to say that she’d walked to the car to meet you! I trust that she didn’t?
    Easter here was cold, but sunny,

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

It's beautifully sunny, but flippin' freezing here too - very cold overnight

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Yesterday started out lovely but lunchtime brought snow / hail / sleet / sun & freezing cold
    There was still ice on the car this morning - it's cold & cloudy now

Robyn wasn't walking, but she did have a sit on Granddad's bike
    She's a lot bigger than the 6lb 5oz she started off as.
    Hopefully we can see a bit more of them now

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Happy Birthday Barbara Stone!

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Happy Birthday Barbara, lots of love & hugs from both of us

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Oh!! - Mrs. Stone - didn't realise you are a birthday girl. Many, many happies to you. Hope Bob has a nice big (possibly stitching) present for you and that you have a lovely day.

With restrictions in place you'll probably still have to cook your own celebratory dinner tonight; but perhaps you can save a trip out for a nice meal for later on when life seems a bit more normal. Lots of love Brenda xxxxx

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Thank you very much for my birthday wishes. Didn’t do much, apart from stitch, as per usual, so today looks a lot busier. The weath r has improved somewhat today, so it’s sunny here, the flowers are blooming, and spring is all around. Somehow it seems as if the world is slowly trying to show that everything is getting better. Or maybe that’s just my opinion.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    Nice bright sunny morning here at the moment.

Barbara hope you had a good day yesterday. I had my second Covid jab very sore arm right up into my shoulder pain killing gel in use!!

Well the caravan site has the all clear to open on Monday. They are allowed to open toilets and showers. Our new awning was delivered last Wednesday and is in their store room. We are hoping to go down on Tuesday for a few days. Can’t go on Monday as Jeff has a regular basis medical appointment and I now have an eye test in the afternoon.

Will be packing the stitching!! Need to start making list of things to take as we brought just about everything home when we had to go to sort out problems. Knew we wouldn’t be able to go and stay for a while so brought home all packet/tinned goods etc that were getting near use by date. Will need to do a big stock up shop when I get there!!!!

Was it this weekend we should have been in Swindon? Will definitely be spending time stitching this weekend have a couple of WIP’s in progress plus new things I would love to start.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The Swindon weekend this year was due to start next weekend on Friday 16th April

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

Thanks Christine I have lost anything that told me of date so it was a case of getting out all the old mags to find dates. Will have a CSG kit out ready for then. Think it will be a Sweete bag have both the Hardanger one and the Tudor one both with fabric edged to stop fraying so ready to go. Think it will be decide on Friday which one I want to do first!!!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The CSG magazine arrived this morning - for once I don't seem to be Tail-end Charlie this time!

Hasn't it all come a long way in 25 years? :oD

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.