The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(244 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

No Christine not tail end Charlie haven’t got my mag yet but last thing our post man told us was that they concentrate on parcel delivery on Saturday. Might get mine on Monday.

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Mine came yesterday as well! Lovely to have something new to read.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Looking forward to mine!

Our son-in-law has been laying temporary road surfaces in Windsor and London ready for the decent of the world’s media for events this week. Jeff went across to Windsor on Friday with emergency supplies. He is not allowed to leave his vehicle and by the time he gets home now he will have been away for 10 days. Vehicle designed for drivers staying in them he has a shower, fridge facilities for boiling a kettle etc.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Hi all

Lovely & sunny this morning, but frosty with frozen snow on the lawn. Yesterday didn't know if it wanted to be winter or spring.

We are going to the Lakes next Monday - got a lodge on a campsite booked for 4 nights. Just hoping that it is going to be dry.

Got my magazine on Saturday. Yes, Christine it has changed a lot in 25 years & so has Jane.
    It arrived just in time. I had just finished a pair of my Norwegian people so added the little blue alphabet sampler to my CSG 25 one. I know I set myself a challenge of doing one thing from each magazine this year on a band sampler, but I'm going to do 2 from this one - hope it doesn't increase by one each magazine.

I shall spend the "Swindon Weekend" doing some stitching in between getting the bike packed up ready for next week & doing some online training for Scouting

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    Woke up to about half an inch of snow first thing!!! It is melting now. Getting brighter. Got eye test this afternoon.

Managed to get appointment for haircut on Saturday hurrah!!! Fringe now way past the Claudia Winkleman stage. Think I need about two or three inches chopped off!!!!!

Will be stitching over weekend even though might be in caravan planning on possibly starting the Tudor Sweete bag I really enjoyed the Sweete bag I did from Jane’s Finder of Treasures.

Hope my magazine comes to day sounds like it is good.

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Snow! Good heavens above. Have not seen anything like that round these parts. We had a lovely sunny weekend, bit cold but not too bad, and today it’s still a bit chilly, but there is quite a bit of blue sky around. The garlic I planted is now 2 inches high, and the onions are just starting to come through! Have got a pair of blue tits just put down the deposit for the bird box they want to rent, and they are now busy moving in furniture or to put it another way, , Moss is being taken in to start building the nest! In other words, spring is well and truly in the air.
    Now got to start learning the words for Say it with a Sausage, and Freshly Laid, the two short sketches that I’m doing with the panto groups summer evening entertainment which will take place in July, as we’ve had confirmation that we will be doing it, subject to there not being another lockdown.
    I’ve just been told when I’m going to be doing upgrading for the start of the Railway reopening, and I’m really looking forward to it. Things are now starting to look up. So, see you all in June!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Hi Barbara
    You can have some snow if you want - the patio is still frozen as the sun hasn't got round there yet.

Mick has put up a lot of bird feeds & they are all being well used. The squirrels like them as well !!

So good that the panto group & train are starting to resume activities

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Bright and sunny now!!! Snow gone. Very warm in the conservatory. No magazine to read while sitting in it though! Looks like I could be tail end Charlie this time.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Another bright, sunny start
    The days keep doing this, then clouding over in the afternoon

Did anyone watch the new jewellery program last night? As it has no ads we watched it while the Yorkshire Vet & then the Yorkshire Shepherdess recorded.
    GBSB tonight and Call the Midwife on Sunday - bliss

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I started to watch the jewellery programme, but found I couldn't get into it unfortunately

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Watched it, but wasn’t really impressed with it. Maybe it’s because I wouldn’t have worn some of the things they were making. Don’t know if I’ll watch it again. However, will definitely be watching tonight and Sunday.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. I'm going to give it another go & see if it gets better - might just be that the personalities don't gel as well as on GBSB

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

What they made rather left me cold - there wasn't anything where I thought "Ooo yes, I like that!"

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Magazine arrived on Tuesday had quick look through am looking forward to reading it later sat here in our caravan in The New Forest.

Watched the jewellery programme was quite interested in it as we have a friend who is a jeweller and designs things on commission. Was interested in the thoughts and the processes. What put me off was the American presenter. I didn’t warm to her at all!!! I think I will watch some more but it depends on how long I can stand the presenter. I’m sure there are other presenters who would have done the job better.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Jean, hope you're having a good time at the caravan. Glad the magazine turned up.

I think the jewellery program went for a comedian because the Sewing Bee has one - she's not one of my favourites, there are much better female comedians (my opinion only). I think she's Canadian not American, but the accent does make it difficult to understand her sometimes.

Christine, having read the magazine I now know why we have different dates for the Guild starting - 12th March was to the press & 16th to the public

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Hi all

Hope everyone is well

Just had an email from Andrea & it looks like Leeds is definitely happening - SO excited

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Oh - I'm really pleased for you and everyone else Helen. I'd wish you a lovely time - but I think it's a given!!

What I would like to see happen is that Andrea might take some photos if everyone turns up with their personalised subscription bags - it would be brilliant to see them in a future magazine. Do encourage her if you can.

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Hi Brenda, was beginning to think you'd fallen of the edge of the world
    I'll miss seeing you in Leeds - will try & do as you ask. I'll take some pictures & send to you anyway - I think we'll have to spend all weekend just doing Bring & Brag

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Hello Helen,
    Sorry for my absence from the Forum. Been a bit sidetracked recently as my other half hasn't been too well. However, things are relatively back to the usual now.....

If you can take some photos that would be brilliant - those of us who aren't there will I am sure be interested to see 'what's what' if several bags do go on show.....

It was lovely to see Jane doing her thing on t.v. the other day. We don't get channel 72 in this area but I usually pick it up on Youtube and it was nice to feel the essence of The Guild coming at me through the computer screen. How we have all missed our association with the Guild and each other because of this wretched pandemic. Hopefully we are now moving towards better times again....

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Hi Brenda, sorry to hear hubby's not been too well - hope you're both OK now
    I try to record Jane on Sky & then watch her Friday or Saturday afternoon - she's on when I'm doing the weekly shop

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.