The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(244 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Barbara, glad you're been having a good time. Hope you got to see your mum. Was the shop on Skye in the main town set down off the road? When we went it was closed so I could only drool in the window, even though we spent a few nights in the hotel over the road from it- Mick has a habit of getting me to needlework shops when they are shut. When we went there it was the end of April, so it sound like you have the same sort of weather as us, but maybe more rain - it was ideal for riding around on the bike.

When we got up on Friday it was as if we were in a sea fret & we live 70 miles inland. The weekend temperatures have been much better. Got the wedding sampler finished & frames - will send photos at some point. I also finished the strawberries from the Leeds weekend.

Jean, I hope you have a really good family holiday.

Brenda, I didn't know there was a World Embroidery Day - I will be away with the bike on Friday, so can't celebrate it. I think putting something on your band sampler to mark it is a really good idea. You really must bring the latest one to the next weekend you come to.

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Helen, going to see mum tomorrow as our holiday will officially be over unfortunately, but we will be staying with my sister overnight, then going home. The embroidery shop on Skye, is called Over the Rainbow, and I think it must be the one you were thinking of. Bob is quite good at finding shops like that when they are closed! When we were in NZ, we inevitably arrived in a town which had a great needlework shop, just when they had closed, and of course, we didn’t stop long enough in the morning, so we had to be on our way! I was not impressed in the least! I did get my own back however on three occasions, and spent hours in the needlework shops.
    Today we went to Rutland Water snd spent hours Osprey spotting. Great fun!

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Okay, so auntie B is back in her home, and has the big clear up which follows.a holiday to come. I will reply to everybody asap, if you don’t mind waiting. Hope you are all okay, and Helen, looking forward to your weekend away.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    Glad you had a good holiday Barbara. Hope you have a good weekend Helen.

I won’t be doing much to celebrate embroidery day either. Got a breast screening appointment on Friday afternoon then straight off to the caravan until Tuesday.

Having a couple of weeks of catching up with people it seems. Went to visit Jeff’s Mum last week in Chepstow and took her out for lunch (we try to go once a month) then on the way home popped in to see friends just outside Bristol for tea. Jenny had been due to come to visit the week Boris put us in first lockdown!! This is the first time I have seen her since before my op. Then have had two friends from teaching days visit this week one on Tuesday and one yesterday. Then friends from Bristol are going to be in the New Forest with their motor home for a couple of days this weekend so we are having a whole day of catching up with them on Monday! We haven’t seen them for about two years for various reasons including Covid.

Well off for blood test this morning with results to be sent to Kings. Had a delivery of meds from them yesterday. Changed way they do things they will no longer supply prescriptions to be dispensed by local pharmacies have to get them from their outpatient pharmacy!! Seems stupid when they are doing so many appointments as telephone consultations. I opted for face to face for next appointment when given the choice as no one has seen for about a year!!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.