2. Try the More then Communities

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen, thanks - got it now!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    Beryl lovely to see a post from you. I have wondered if you were ok during this very difficult time.

Helen loved the birth sampler such an appropriate one for a winter or Christmas baby. Have you been able to visit her yet?

Well I have now heard/read it all. Words from local authority leaflet for clinically extremely vulnerable people
    Try to stay two metres away from other people in your household, especially if they display symptoms of the virus or have been advised to self isolate. I ask you how do you stay two metres away from each other in a normal house? I would love to know who wrote that one.

Still keeping busy and sane with the stitching and knitting. Finished the stitching on the Sweete bag still got beading to do but may leave that until I have done the book cover as well to decide exactly where I want to put beads. Also pictures show a second row of four sided stitch at top of design, this isn’t on the chart, but thought I would do a row of long legged cross stitch instead. Waiting to do book cover to see which thread I still have lots of!!

Hope everyone is keeping safe and warm.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Jean, glad to hear you're enjoying the Sweete Bag - I keep looking at it

We haven't seen the baby yet, due to both her parents having a mild case of covid & then going in to lockdown. We keep getting photos & videos though

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Just got an email from Andrea to say Swindon is cc'd cancelled. Not surprised really

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Jean Strange

Just had email too. Not surprised but disappointed.

Remembered last year Brenda posted something about telling Andrea to keep some of refund and send us all the planned project so that we could do a “stitch along” at home.

Anyone up for that idea?

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Fiona phoned Andrea already project being kept for next year hopefully third time lucky!!!!

I’m going to order something when I phone for a refund and stitch it over that weekend.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Disappointing, but not at all surprising. I don't suppose Andrea wanted to send that email any more than we wanted to receive it :o((

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. I agree Christine, I'm sure Andrea didn't want to cancel another weekend.
    I asked her to put the money to the Leeds weekend.

Maybe we should all pick a project from the next magazine & do that (or at least start it) on the Swindon weekend

We have a nephew who is due to get married the week before & I'm sure that will be postponed again as well.

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

I’m sure Andrea didn’t want to have to send the email. She must be as disappointed as we are.

Last year I had cancelled Swindon in February after my op I was already in a semi lockdown due to that. It was already no public transport, avoid crowded places like restaurants, cinemas, theatres etc. Don’t see the grandchildren for about 3 months. Then we went into lockdown.
    It all got extended. I was looking forward to this year being better and being able to do lots of things but looks like not going to be much different to last year for a while at least.

We have been informed that our GP practice is going to be a GP hub for the vaccine so that is good.

Helen I am going to order the Tudor Sweete bag as my Swindon weekend project. Have so enjoyed doing the one from Jane’s Finder of Treasures site thought I would like to do another one.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Really upset about the cancellation, but I was half expecting it. Might try and book for Leeds, but if not, I’m definitely going to be at Leicester. Found a nice project that I must have picked up at a Guild weekend, so intend to phone Andrea and get some material for it. Trouble is, I’ve got so many projects that I’ve done, but have no wall space for. Does anybody else have the same problem? Out in the cabin, I counted them this afternoon and I’ve got 25 that I’ve completed but haven’t framed. And the lockdown has taken up the last remaining space I had. I’ve been given loads of my mums as well, as she hasn’t got the wall space for them, so what am I going to do with them all? Anybody got any suggestions?

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Hi all

Barbara do try for Leeds if you can. As for the unframed / spare pictures have to thought of rotating them - different ones for different months / seasons?

I think that's why I do band samplers / small items - they don't take up as much space.

Jean what will you do with the Sweete bags when they are done?

Christine do you ever do any of the Victoria Sampler stitch alongs?

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Barbara I was thinking of the rotation idea.

Helen as to the Sweete bags the one from Jane has a notebook to go inside which I am stitching the cover for now. I think the Faux Ivory Flower Needlebook will fit in one then I thought a needle threader, thimble (which I sometimes use) and other little things that get lost in the bottom of my stitching bag. Could save time and frustration!!!!!

Had phone call from King Edwards Hospital in Windsor this morning. I was told I would get a follow up appointment after being referred to emergency referral from diabetic eye screening just before Christmas. Was expecting a letter phone call with can you come tomorrow? Thought that was good even got offered a choice of times.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Replying to Helen - No, I haven't done any of the Victoria Sampler stitch-alongs. Partially because I've got so much other stitching on the go, but mostly because I like to know what the end result is going to be up-front and (of course!) I do rather like to change things up ;o)

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Jean, thanks for telling us what you're going to do with the Sweete Bags
    Hope it all goes well for you at the hospital today

Christine, I agree with you about wanting to know what the end result will be. I have saved the SALs in case I want to do that in the future. I may do the one they are doing this year, but only when I have the parts for that month. Don't we all have too much on the go at any one time though :)

I finished another baby cardigan yesterday, but I'm not entirely happy with it. Has anyone ever done one where the front is wider than the back? Didn't realise until I came to stitch it up. I have one more I want to do, but I'm going to check the stitches / measurements on this before I start.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Jean Strange

Appointment at hospital fine. Just going to keep me on books for regular checks. Sign of possible problem related to diabetes but if sugar levels controlled probably won’t get any worse.

While out at hospital had text inviting me for my COVID-19 jab!!!!! Really surprised even though I’m considered clinically extremely vulnerable didn’t expect to get it yet. Followed link to book going tomorrow at 4.20.

I have stitched Victoria Sampler projects and enjoyed them. Always bought the packs which include beads and special threads.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Jean, so glad it went well yesterday & that you're going to get your jab

My Dad has had both of his. The first before Christmas & the second the same day I got my flu jab - about 10 days ago. He is over 80 and was in the shielded group in the first lockdown. My mum hasn't been invited for one as she doesn't turn 75 until next month. My mother-in-law is over 80 (nearer 90) and is going for her first one this week.

I have one of the VS gingerbread houses to do but think I might have a go at the SAL first. Also. I seem to have a few mice left in the drawer !!

Hope everyone is keeping OK

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Hi girls....yes they seem to be going on a pace with jabs in this area too. I was talking to a friend of Geoff's about 10 days ago (he is 80) and he told me he has had his done. Them blow me, about 4 days later I got the call with an appointment for mine (being 77 I obviously come into the 75 and over band). So - done now and the next one apparently will be done in 12 weeks time.

Weather here not at all nice today, but nothing like the 'orange' section they keep showing on our local weather news (our patch is yellow) - so I've had you in my thoughts all day today Helen - hoping you are okay where you are......

For a little bit of brightness - we mustn't forget Jane is on Sewing Street this coming Friday (as advised by Andrea in the Guild newsletter). We don't get channel 72 or whatever it is, but I shall be able to pick it up on Youtube. Hope she's with John Thingummybob - their chemistry is good and she often ends up giggling with him.....Jane has always had the most delightful giggle, it just automatically makes me smile.....

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. Brenda, I was beginning to wonder where you were - you've been quiet for a while. Glad you've had your first jab. My mother-in-law was going to a vacination center in York then she got a call from her doctor & is now going there for her first jab

I'll have to remember to record Jane as Friday morning is shopping time.
    I was watching something over Christmas & John Thingy popped up on it - don't ask what it was as I can't remember - totally agree that he is Jane's best co-host, it just works between them. Have you ever noticed his wedding ring? It's a sewing needle !!

We've had a lot of rain, but no where near as bad as a lot of other people - seems to have got the corner of Merseyside as you go into Wales pretty bad. Tuesday was supposed to be horrible, but got to work & back OK

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.