The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(244 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Hello Barbara,

No, I'm not booked for Leeds - but I am so joyful for the rest of you - and will spend that particular weekend going through the day 'in my head' - having lovely food, exhibiting in Bring and Brag and all paying your £2 for the raffle....just lovely.

Jean - I'm a bit puzzled about your comments on the pages only just fitting...sounds like one of Jane's stitched books....I've never done one of those so I think you must have me a bit muddled with someone else.

Love the fact that Helen is getting two weekends of pleasurable things to do with the bike event being put back. As for you Barbara with your cafe theatre weekend clashing with Leeds - it made me smile to think of them all sitting together now hastily trying to re-arrange things so they don't miss out on your input......

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Brenda I mean that when stitched and folded the pages only just fit the Ivory covers. In fact when made up mine still slightly overlap and I only left the 6 stitch gaps between pages Jane charted. Don’t think I’ve confused you with anyone else. When you start stitching and measuring you will see what I mean. I did make one of the stitched books and had no problems with it. Think the problem is the Ivory covers are all slightly different as they are I think individually made.

I did enjoy stitching it though and it is very pretty just fiddly to finish off. As I said I put mine together in a slightly different way to Jane.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Looking at previous post I mean charts one and six in the row for the pages that have the hem stitch charted I had to move the hem stitch rows in by I think 3 stitches for them to fit Ivory covers.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Barbara, you made me smile. I can just see you "having words" with your drama group :)

Brenda, I think Jean has you muddled with me. The comments are to do with Jane's Faux Ivory Needlebook, not one of the CSG stitched books. When you measure the chart, fabric & covers the sizes do not look as if they match. I have some fabric band to do mine on which seems to fit in the covers better. I have a real antique one & am going to try to put Jane's version together in the same way. The antique one is just 1.75" by 1.25" so I am planning to leave the top of the last page of the new open & put the antique in there.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

I wouldn’t have minded the drama group going ahead without me, but as I’m in a glorious short play about the Romanian Cock, and another about the Sausage ladies, and We’ve already put off doing them twice before, as life intervened with our plans, I didn’t want it to be cancelled again. We had already agreed that we wouldn’t think about the Leeds weekend to put them on, and then to be told that was when they intended doing it, made me really annoyed.
    Brenda, I’m so sorry you won’t be there - we’ll all miss you, but hope you’ll have a good virtual day in your head!

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Barbara, I seem to recall the drama group clashing with your holidays / weekends away in the past. Do you think that when you say "I'm going to be away" they take it as "I can do it then"?

Brenda, who is going to have us in stitches at Leeds?

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Yes, I’m sure they do Helen!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Hello girls,

Nope - still not me Jean with the thing you are describing. I've looked back in the posts and I do believe our little Yorkshire chick is at the bottom of this conundrum! - she's kept quiet until the post just above this and admits it's her!! Little monkey - she's probably been having a good laugh at two old girls (you and me Jean) scratching our heads as we've gone along trying to sort this out....

Sorry I'm not at Leeds though...I can imagine you for one thing showing off your subscription bags in Bring and Brag and how you have all personalised them. Mine's all done sitting waiting to be shown off. Do hope someone will be taking photos of them. Maybe Andrea (if she has time) can do a few photos and put them in a future magazine, so everyone whether they attend Guild weekends or not, has the chance to see what others have done.

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Hi everyone

Sorry Brenda looking back yes got you mixed up with Helen. Anyway hope you are doing well. Just been to Chiropractor so will be feeling a bit achy for a day.

Everything is still up in the air about when we can officially go to our caravan. Lots of questions unanswered at moment the governing body for the holiday parks and sites has sent list of questions to the government and until they get answers no one knows what is going on. Just typical isn’t it? Just hope those of you booked for Leeds can go.

Haven’t personalised my project bag yet but might get around to it when I have finished next couple of projects.

Got a project ready for what should have been the Swindon weekend will spend weekend happily stitching a different Sweete bag. I really enjoyed the first one I did. Think next one might have the Faux Ivory needle book stored in it.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Good news - I've just a text from the doctor & am going for a jab on the 18th :)
    Now need one for Mick - he's old & with a different doctor !!

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Oh Helen - you've made me laugh....poor Mick - how disparaging to be spoken of as 'he's old'. It might have been kinder to have called him 'mature' or simply 'he's a bit older than me'

Anyway, pleased to hear the vaccination is now lined up for you and let's hope Mick the Methuselah
    isn't too far behind......

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

If, as you say, Mick is ‘old’, why hasnt he had it before now? Odd that! But you made me laugh as well.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Having just re-read my post it should have said that Mick is 2 years older than me

Don't worry he's spent the weekend telling people that I'm old because I'm getting my jab !!

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    Well these jabs and when we get called for them seem to be really random. Jeff is 3 years older than me but we got our jabs within 2 days of each other. I got mine because I am in the clinically extremely vulnerable group and Jeff because he is in the 70+ group. But my friend who is older than me and her husband who is in the 75+ group and I would have thought because of his medical problems in the same group as me didn’t get theirs for about 2 or 3 weeks after us. We are with different GP practices but it does seem unfair that some people in the same group are being called so much earlier than others. Nearly every time we go past our GP surgery there is a queue waiting for vaccinations. We are now waiting for the call for our second jabs. Our 12 weeks deadline is the week of April 12. One more step towards freedom!! Our next door neighbour is I think counting down in days!!!

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. I agree, there is no rhyme or reason as to when people are getting called for their jabs.
    The news yesterday said that the 55 to 60 age group should be getting letters this week & we're not that old. I'm not questioning my doctor's reasoning, just wasn't going to turn them down

Jean I hope you get your caravaning sorted out soon
    We got a call yesterday asking us if we want to go camping at the end of May & I told my friend he was asking silly questions. If will be a group of no more than 30 & socially distanced - in line with Boris's rules. I will be good to get out of the house for a weekend.

I think I beginning to like this year - we've had some things cancelled, but are now starting to get other things confirmed so we won't be confined to the house all year again.

Think I must finally be going stir crazy

Brenda (& Jean) I'll take some pictures at Leeds & send to you so you can see what we've all been up to

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Does it seem likely that those of us still hoping to get to Leeds will have had their second jab? And will we have to prove that we have done before they’ll let us into the hotel? Maybe we should all have 2nd vaccine and a tick, tattored across our forehead to prove it to all and sundry! Sorry to be a bit facaetious, but it seems likely that wherever we go in future, they are going to want to know we’ve all been done twice. My second jab is on May 5th, so I’m hoping there will be no adverse side effects again, as diabetics on the pump, they’ve now discovered, are 95% likely to have problems with the first one, and as they wiped me out for just over two weeks, I really don’t want that again, but as nobody on a pump has been done twice, nobody knows whether or not there will be more problems. We’ll just have to wait and see!
    It will be great to be able to finally get out of the house, as I know I’m definitely going stir crazy, and once I’ve been jabbed twice, I might be able to get back on the train again!
    Hope you all manage to get jabbed soon if you are waiting.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. I was talking to a friend yesterday who is a non-pump diabetic & she is having problems with her sugars after the first jab, so there must be something in it that is causing sugar levels to be high. She's going to bring it up at her next appointment. I'm assuming my second jab will about a week before Leeds - they say you need about 3 weeks for it to be effective. So there will be people who've only had one jab, but also think there may be people there who've not had the first one depending on how long the roll out program takes.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Well, it’s good to know that non pump diabetics are having the same problems. But why the vaccine should affect them, nobody knows why. After all, we have our flu vaccine every year, and it doesn’t have any effect on sugar levels!
    But interesting to know these things.

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Barbara, I suppose it's one of those things that will have to be fed back to the makers so they can find out why. With the speed that it was developed at they won't have done all the test groups that are normally involved in trials.

On a brighter note I have started another band sampler. The CSG pattern from the catalogue is going at the top. I've the challenged myself to do a project from each magazine this year on it.

That makes 3 long term projects - I can do a different one each weekend & not get bored with them.
    We'll see where I've actually got to with them when we go to Leicester :)
    I've got 2 wedding samplers to do as well.

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. Sounds like you are keeping really busy Helen what with band samplers and wedding samplers!!
    I too am stitching the CSG pattern - it's coming up rather nicely. Just plain cross stitch but at the moment it suits me to do something simple with no challenging stitches. Not sure what I'm going to make it up into at the end but it won't just be tossed in a drawer and then forgotten about; I usually try to make something out of a piece of work so's it can be used in some way.

As for the second vaccination...from what I've read the first one equates to three quarters of the total we need and the second one is just the top up remaining quarter - so hopefully for anyone experiencing dodgy side effects means the second one will not be as unpleasant......we can hope so anyway....

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.