The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(244 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Brenda have you noticed the usual "Jane effect" on the CSG pattern?
    The pattern has a lot of outlining on it - look closely.
    The stitched one on the front of the catalogue has very little outlining.
    I shall decide what I'm doing when the cross stitch is done

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen, if I were stitching this logo (which I'm not) then I would probably do it as per the finished model ie. outline the scissors but not the rest.

I had not noticed the anomaly until you mentioned it and I went back and had a good look. I suspect that the model didn't get all the charted outlining stitched because it looked fine as it was, but then the chart was not amended to match. Getting rid of backstitch on the iStitch program is a PITA (ask me how I know)

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Hi Christine
    I'm trying to use iStitch & am not getting on with it very well - need to watch the tutorials
    I'm tempted not to do all the outlining - more lazy than anything else

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

iStitch is great - except for when you want to change some backstitch/outlining. If you had it with you on a laptop the next time I see you, I'll give you a tutorial ;O)

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Or ask me questions on here - I can only say "I don't know!"

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Thanks for that. I'll take the laptop to Leeds with me

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Great!

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Hello Helen,

Yes, I had noticed the difference between the chart and actual stitched item - re backstitching.

I thought about it and decided I'd stitch the whole thing first, then backstitch the scissors, then judge whether or not to do the rest. Have considered doing the hoop thing over the top but perhaps leave out backstitching the initials in the middle.....will wait and see how the mood takes me........

Have also considered leaving off the actual words The Cross Stitch Guild and just stitch Together We Count instead, I've always rather liked that little piece of phrasing......again we shall see in due course.......

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Christine, can I join in your tutorial when we get to Leeds? I’ve been trying to use istitch to do my travelling trunk pictures, but I’m not having much luck with it, especially as I’m using imported pictures to stitch! If so, thank you.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Now you've started something Christine. My problem is with cut & paste, among other things
    I think as I play with it I should make a list of things I'm having problems with / would like it to do

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara, if you would like a tutorial, it would be helpful if you could bring your own laptop as you will be more familiar with that. And you will then have your own pictures available.

Helen and Barbara, if you can make notes about what you struggle with, then that would be really useful.

The best way of learning any program or app is to just play with it and make notes as you go...

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. That's what I usually say to people
    I'm trying to write a training manual at the moment believe it or not

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

LOL

But not on iStitch ;o)

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Thanks Christine. I’ll try and bring the lap top and make a list of what is being so difficult for me, that I don’t use it, even though I’d like to be able to do so. I’ve tried so many times now, but it’s being s bit of a problem.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Mick got his letter this morning so I've booked him in for a jab next Wednesday - the day before me :)

What a windy night !! The poor frogs were all over the drive - don't know if there's too many for the pond or they were just trying to get out of the wind

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Jean Strange

I agree Christine about just playing with new things on your laptop or whatever. Back in the dark ages when we were just married I worked in a computer department when it was main frames. My job was computer operator and because of my teaching background in charge of training. When we had a new main frame installed I was given a chair, a screen and a corner of the office and told “go play and experiment “ for 2 weeks. It was actually quite fun. Then they gave me all the new in-house written systems to test then I had to train the different departments in how to use their systems.

Dreadful night here too. Wind and rain. Had email from caravan site our awning giving problems again. Jeff gone to take it down as people on site weren’t happy to do it for insurance reasons even though we said just throw it away. We had already decided that when we could we were going to do that and get a new one anyway. Got guy who works on site standing by to help Jeff he should be there and taking it down by now.

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

LOL Jean - a mainframe is the only 'real' computer as far as I am concerned; all else are toys

(ducks back behind parapet to avoid missiles being launched)

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Horrible night here in Somerset, and it hasn’t really improved all day. Woken st 4.00am by a sliding sound, then a thump, and He who must be obeyed, said “I’ve been waiting for that, we’ve lost a tile or two”. and we had, and as it was only put on two years ago, you can imagine I wasn’t too chuffed. And after that, I was waiting for another one to fall, and consequently didn’t sleep again until 7.30 when it was nearly time to get up!
    Nothing else has fallen off thank goodness, but the wind is still blowing! So, things here are not brilliant!

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen, Barbara

One thought occurred to me this morning - are you using the touchpad on your laptops to control iStitch, or do you use a mouse?
    In my opinion it is MUCH easier to use the iStitch with a mouse rather than the touchpad - just sayin'...

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Hi Christine, yes, I always use a mouse, cos I don’t like the touch pad. It’s probsbly just me being useless as always!

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.