The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

GBSB 2021

(72 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara, very much looking forward to seeing you all dressed up at Leeds! Will you be bringing your tiara?

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. I'd like to see Barbara in a tiara as well - wish I had one

We should have gone to No.2 nephews' wedding last August, which got postponed to this April & is now at the beginning of June - we have now been un-invited due to the guest number restrictions.

No.3 nephew gets married this August & then step-daughter next June - so that WILL have to be a new outfit

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Will make arrangements with the bank to get the tiara out of the vault, and bring my security guard with me!

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ooooo, is he a nice hunky security guard?

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. Now, now Christine

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

I wish!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Is it just me, or did anybody else think that half of those jackets were too short? I thought they should have been a lot longer. Maybe that’s just my opinion.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I thought the male models looked generally ill-at-ease parading the made-to-measure utility jackets

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

And yes, they didn't fit all that well - too tight and/or too short

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Going back to Barbara's security guard - my bad that I automatically assumed a male security guard. My daughter would never forgive me for making stereotypical gender asumptions :o((

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    Nice and bright here at the moment. Off to the caravan for a few days. Looks like the weather might not be good but that means time to stitch in the nice warm centrally heated van!!

Yes thought most of the jackets too short or too tight and that was not just my opinion Jeff gave the male opinion and agreed. For some unknown reason he likes watching the programme too.

As for the jewellery programme I thought the leather cocktail ring was rather nice I wouldn’t really have been interested in buying any of them. The judges obviously don’t like anything which is classic.

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. Morning
    Don't really know what I thought of the jackets - some did seem to ride up at the front though.
    It always get me - they have the chance to practice the made to measure at home, but never seem to have or they would know how to make it & how to manage their time better

As for the jewellery. I agree with Jean about the leather ring - we liked that one as well & didn't understand why the judges were so scathing about it. We felt he met the brief they were given.
    I'm not surprised that the winner of the second challenge was one they didn't particularly like. I really liked the one that came second (with the beetle wings), but didn't really like her ring. The penguin brooch is still my favourite piece they have done so far.

Jean, hope you have a good few days away

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Meant to say that I thought the leather orchid ring was the only one I would have thought about wearing. Can’t imagine why they didn’t like it, but there again, my tastes and theirs differ completely. I agree, the penguin brooch was the one piece I would definitely wear.
    Jean it’s not only your husband who likes watching the show. My other half does as well, and he’s been very scathing about some of the things theyve done so far. Totally agree with Helen, that they don’t seem to be able to use their time properly - if I’m making anything, I always work out how long things have taken me, bit of a hangover from my city and guilds course, where we had to state exactly how long we had taken to make something, in order to be able to make a proper charge. I did offer to make Bob one of the jackets and the look he gave me said it all - he would not wear anything like that.

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

If I do need a security guard I’m going to want one who looks like Rutger Hauer, has muscles like Christopher Reeves in his first Superman film, and has brain power and good conversation, and will treat me like fine china! Where the hell am I going to find somebody like that?

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. Barbara, if you find a security guard like that make sure he has a few brothers

Mick didn't watch the Sewing Bee last night as he had a committee meeting, but he normally watches both the programs with me & always comments on them. He said he would buy the penguin for me as it reminded him so much of when we saw them for real.

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara, if you bring a security guard looking like that then there will be unseemly fights breaking out. Probably better leave the tiara in the bank :o(

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Christine, if I find one looking like that, I wouldn't let anybody, anywhere near him. I'd keep him all to myself! And I don't care if that does make me sound exceedingly selfish! My preciousssss!

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Well, what did we make of last nights garments?
    I didn't like the winning made to measure

As the jewellery - I liked the winner, but preferred the one that Hugo did. I think Hugo might win it - he's really talented and I'd wear what he makes

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I wasn't surprised at Garment of the Week - stick a big enough bow on it and it is odd-on to win. And it was clearly inspired by a particular event in Frida Kahlo's life and the painting she did as a result (although I had not known about the broken spine thing at all).

I have seen disparaging comments about Patrick's outfit this week, but will need to watch again as I didn't notice anything about it at the time

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. I'd never heard of the artist, so I'm sure the dress met the brief, just didn't like it. I liked the red trousers & the top the wrapped over at the back.

I'll have to have another look at Patrick's outfit, although not seen any comments. Did wonder why Esme had a necklace of hand sanitiser bottles though

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.