The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

GBSB 2021

(72 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. I agree with Christine about Farie - she can't keep dodging that bullet

If the purple dress needed a bow, it should have been on the shoulder not the cuffs
    I like the gold dress - definitely "party" - thought using the bow as the waistband was quite good, but I did think the top half of the dress wasn't fitted properly. I also like the green overlaid with gold lace - just would have needed to be a bit longer for me

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

So, she did it again. How many more times are they going to let her off the hook? It was Damien’s choice of dress that did for him last night, but Farie’s pattern challenge and the transformation challenge we’re not brilliant. I do sometimes wonder about Patrick and Esme’s choices!

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

What we get to see is a heavily edited one-hour programme. What the judges get to see is hours and hours of sewing (except the 90 minutes of transformation challenge). Nothing is necessarily quite what it seems

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Hello girls,

Finally got to see this week's Sewing Bee yesterday evening. I thought Garment of the Week was the correct choice and was glad to see Rebecca as the winner this time. She carped on enough I thought about Serena always being first, with her (Rebecca) coming second. Sad to see Damian go but there again, someone has to go each week.

I thought transformation challenge was made easier for them this time too. I know curtain fabric can be quite substantial but at least it was one big flat piece so it must have been easier to cut to shape for instance, as opposed to making a garment out of say two other garments where they could be working round pockets or waistbands of a garment as it was originally made up.

The first piece though was a bit of an eye opener. On the face of it quite a simple style of dress but being a top and bottom layer made so many pieces - what was it 32 or 35 - such a lot to even cut out let alone sew together, and with both fabrics being difficult to sew, I felt they were given an inordinately short space of time in which to produce the dress. You could have doubled that and I still wouldn't have finished it myself, so they did well to produce what they did and it was interesting to see just how many of them never finished it completely because they ran out of time.

It will be a very interesting couple of weeks now to reach the final - and as that date will fall on the 16th June I can foresee there will be many an interesting conversation going on round the sewing tables at Leeds a few days later....

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

No big surprises for who made it to the final

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Okay, so who’s going to win it? I know who I want it to be, but whether Patrick and Esme agree is going to be interesting. Has a man ever won it in the past? Next week is going to be interesting! We’ll be able to discuss it at Leeds. Not long to go now!

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yes, there was certainly a male winner in one of the early series (trots off to check)

Matt Chapple won Series 3

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Gosh aren’t you clever? Thank you for the information.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

All the series are documented on wiki - very useful for checking stuff

Looking forward to discussing latest series at Leeds ;o)

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Exciting times - the final tonight. I think Serena will win. I agree, I think the final three are the ones who deserve to be there. Some of the garments we saw last week were very good, especially considering the fact that they seem to be given even less time these days in which to complete the tasks they are given. I take my hat off to them - I couldn't make some of the garments in the allotted timespan. Phew......stress or what.....it's no wonder they sometimes make a mistake or don't give enough time to reading the instructions thoroughly.

Anyway, feet up job tonight while I watch it......chocolate cooling nicely in the fridge..... and I must remember to record it as well just in case I fall asleep during the programme.....hot days always make me drowsy - well, to be honest, any bloody thing can make me drowsy ....it's called 'being lazy'.....

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Thinking of you all at Leeds today - possibly discussing the final of Sewing Bee??

I feel it was on the cards all along that Serena would win, but all three of them did a nice ballgown type of thing on Wednesday night and so it could have been any one of them who walked off as the winner to my way of thinking.

My thoughts though were that Rebecca made the most convincing style of dress - BUT - I thought the material was horrible - it looked like it had been made out of left over curtains or sofa covering fabric. What I really would have loved to see is the same dress but made out of the fabric that Raph used - that lovely rich red would have then made a stunning garment to my mind and I think could have made it the winning article.

Anyway, all finished with now for another year. I decided to look this morning to see what the programme is on Wednesday evenings now to replace it - but sadly once again the flipping Radio Times for this week is still undelivered...probably lurking in a dusty corner in our local post office sorting office.....

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. We thought that Raph's dress could have been a bit longer, such a shame he didn't manage to hem it as it was a stunning colour. I know what you meant about Rebecca's dress - I like floral prints, but not necessarily for a red carpet.

This week we have football on BBC 1 & 2 covering the 9pm slot, so I may as well go to the pub instead

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.