The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Waking Us All Up!!

(84 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Maybe Spikey Stone instead of Spike would sound better? Helen you have just succeeded in making me feel more ancient than I do already, but we love you for it just the same!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

No, No - 'Spikey Stone' sounds like a description rather than a name!

But what we all hope is that the little chap comes through safely and lives to fight another day (so to speak).

By the way, any fans of Terry Pratchett here? I'm thinking specifically of the Hedgehog Song, but will refrain from elucidating. Or singing.

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. I read a number of his books years ago but gave up when the names started to be just symbols
    Luggage was my favourite character though

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh yes, gotta love the Luggage!

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. We could all do with one to follow us round
    For those who don't know it's an old fashioned luggage trunk with legs so it can chase round after you

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Fascinating - a luggage trunk with legs.......Never read any of Terry Pratchett's books so I haven't got a clue what you are on about.......

Ah well, I suppose I shall survive without reading any of his books. I hold up my hand in shame... I just don't fancy them somehow. Dare I say it - never read any of the Harry Potter stories either......oh Gawd - how unknowledgeable I am ...will the rest of the Guild ever speak to me again I ask myself......

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Terry Pratchett's stories are not to everyone's taste. Nor Harry Potter, if it comes to that.

It just so happens that they are two of my personal favourites...

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Mine too! I think I own all the Terry Pratchett books, as well as all the Harry Potter ones. But I’d love to hear you sing the Hedgehog song Christine - you can do that at Leicester on the Sunday evening, when we all relax!

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara - I really don't think you would like to hear me sing anything at Leicester, least of all the Hedgehog Song, however much 'relaxed' we all are! {Big Wink}

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Oh I don’t know. I can put up with a lot, if you can bear with my plain brown envelopes, I can probably put up with your singing! (And there will be at least one or two at Leicester incidentally)

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. I'm going to miss out as I'm not staying Sunday
    Barbara, I'm intrigued by the plain brown envelopes

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Thought you would be, I’m.not going to explain it either! You’ll have to be intrigued! Sorry,

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. That's now fair - hope they get explained when we get there

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

I’ll think about it. Might have some good news by then! Depends on our guards inspector from the Railway! In the meantime, I’ll e mail you soon.

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Jean Strange

Hello everyone
    Seem to have been out of the loop for a bit. Have read posts but haven’t managed to respond. Been very busy keeping grandsons occupied. Have done a number of craft activities with them. They are going home today Judith is on her way to collect them. We are off to our caravan as soon as they have gone. Have tickets for theatre in Christchurch for this evening.

Now as to “old money” I remember going decimal. I was in the 6th form and we were going on a school trip to the theatre in Bristol to The Old Vic they were putting on one of our A level plays. It was priced it “old money” then my friend piped up with “ok then how much is it in this new Micky Mouse stuff ?”

Won’t be at Leicester so mystery of the brown paper bags will remain a mystery to me.

Barbara the only other name I thought of for Spike was Prickles but I must admit Spike was the first thing that sprang to mind.

Well off to pack my bag for the caravan and chase small boys into packing all their stuff.

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

I was actually doing a Saturday job, the day before decimal currency came into use, and we’d been given the new stuff to start using, so I was one of the first to dispense it. The older customers didn’t like it, I remember. Actually, thinking about it, those ‘older customers’ were probably about the same age as I am now!
    Jean, Hope you have a good time both at the theatre and the caravan.
    As I haven’t heard anything from the RSPCA, I’m going to phone them tomorrow to see how little Spike is - I will keep you informed.

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

UPDATE ON SPIKE. - phoned West Hatch this morning, apparently Spike is holding his own - he’s on antibiotics, is gaining weight very slowly, but the receptionist says that that is a good sign. We’ve been told he can come back to us when he’s better, for release into our garden, so keeping our fingers crossed that he’ll be home soon. In the meantime Bob is busy building another hedgehog house - we might have a terrace of them across the end of the garden!

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Barbara Stone, the hedgehog slum landlord {big wink}

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Seriously, I'm really pleased to hear that Spike is coming on so well!

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Hello Barbara,
    Thank you for updating us with Spike - and I'm pleased that they are going to let him come back to you. He will recognise that he's back on home ground and will be better for it.

Am really missing the Guild magazine.....hopefully it won't be too long now before it comes through our letterboxes.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.