The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Waking Us All Up!!

(84 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Read your first sentence and then did a double-take Barbara; you little monkey - it did make me laugh as I envisaged you without hair courtesy of white spirit .......

Oh - so you are at Ally Pally too next Thursday, I shall look out for you if I do manage to go.... little fat sods with shiny hair shouldn't be that difficult to spot......

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Interesting to know you can buy tickets on the door - hope Harrogate is the same - £3.50 transaction fee is a bit steep when tickets are £7 to start with
    Hope those of you that re going enjoy your day out

Barbara, hope the decorating is going OK.
    On a different subject where does your little train run from & too?

Lovely sunny morning so I'm off to see if I can get the shopping without getting wet

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Brenda I shall look out for you too. Hope we can all meet up again. Looking forward to it.
    Helen, our not so little train- full size steam locos and seven carriages (normally) but have had 12 on occasionally, runs from Bishops Lydeard (off the A358 to Minehead, when it runs the full length, but at the moment it’s going to Dunster (the station before MD) and then we’re bussing everybody to Minehead station on heritage buses. So I go from being a travelling ticket inspector to being a bus conductor in one easy trip! Why, are you planning on a visit? Make sure you check to see if we’re running before you come, as we stop doing a full timetable at the start of October, and only run on specified dates! The decorating is doing okay at the moment thanks. Speak soon.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. Having re-read my post is should have said £17 for tickets to Harrogate

Thanks for the info Barbara - we are going to the Quo Convention at Butlins, Minehead next September & I was just curious

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

In that case Helen, let me know when you are coming, and I’ll let you have my Christmas free tickets. They wouldn’t be used otherwise. And by that time, we’ll be running through to Minehead!

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Thanks, but as I say it's nearly a year away. I have some pins for you when we meet at Leicester

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Thank you Helen. There’s going to be lots of swaps done at Leicester between all of us, what with plain brain envelopes, and pins etc., etc., how many sleeps now Christine.
    Really looking forward to it, but as I’m going to spend a couple of days previous to it, with my sister, you can imagine how annoyed I was to be told that the dress rehearsal for our Murder Mystery was to be held on the Thursday before Leicester, and was compulsory! I just said that my weekend was starting on the Thursday, as as it had been booked for over 2 years, I was blowed if I was going to miss it, and suddenly everybody said they didn’t mind me not being there. Can’t understand why they changed their minds so dramatically - could have been the fact that I was spitting blood at their high handed attitude I suppose. Will have to finish my costume and start learning my lines!

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

29 sleeps to go as at 7th October

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Calling all ladies who made it to Ally Pally this time - how was it, how did you get on?

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Good day at Ally Pally today. Got into Taunton station at 9.00pm, tired, but happy. It was lovely to see other people again, be able to shop, and generally enjoy ourselves. There weren't as many stalls as there were the last time I went, but those that were there seemed to be doing well. Good to see lots of people on the Guild stand.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Dearest Barbara, I'm glad you had a good day at Ally Pally yesterday.

You realise, of course, that we are all expecting a scene from your play to be acted out at Leicester. In full costume. You can even call it a Dress Rehearsal if you like ;oD

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Costume perhaps, scene no! I could perhaps do my first big speech, which is basically my introduction to the audience, but after that, no way! Bought some bits and pieces for the costume yesterday, so it will be finished soon. I don't think I should have mentioned the costume at all, because everybody now wants to see it.
    But Ally Pally was very good. Even managed a quick five minutes chat with Brenda, and great it was to see her there.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh I'm so glad that Brenda made it to Ally Pally!

I, for one, would love, Love, LOVE to see you do your "introduction" speech in costume. Pretty please with a cherry on top...

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Oh all right, if you insist!

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hurrah!!

Posted 2 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

You might not say that when you’ve seen it!

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. Had a lovely time at Ally Pally. Hope Maggie passed n my 'cheerios' to you Barbara when I left the Guild's stand. I could see you busy chatting with Andrea by then. I felt a bit guilty as I hadn't bought anything from the Guild and was conscious of the fact that if I kept people talking then potential customers might get fed up with waiting to be served and would end up walking away.

As you know I had explained to you that Geoff had travelled to London with me so I was a bit bothered at how he was getting on so kept my day a bit shortened so's I could meet up with him again within a reasonable time. I have to say though - wasn't it a lovely atmosphere at Ally Pally, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so much after all the restrictions and lockdowns etc.

I didn't spend much but did buy a bargain light-box. Got it at The Quilted Bear - A3 size and at £19.99 I'm really pleased with it so if anyone out there is planning to be at the next show - at Harrogate and is considering a light-box - then The Quilted Bear is the place from which to get it.

Weather not too nice here today. Was at the RSPCA earlier on - so dark first thing this morning and it stayed like that for a long time. We had an electrician in doing something with all the lighting in the Main Cattery so the electricity had to be turned off. It was awful trying to do our job in such poor lighting. I'm sure half the cats got fed with something nice that they shouldn't have been having (if they'd got a poorly tum for instance and should have been on food for delicate tums!) Lots of purring going on so none of them were complaining.....

Posted 2 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Had a phone call this pm from RSPCA, and we can have Spike back tomorrow, so hopefully we are going to collect him in the afternoon and release him into his brand new upgraded with central heating, hedgehog house. Apparently he now weights over 600gm which is a big improvement on when we took him in when he weighed just over 200 gm. When we can collect him will be up to DPD who are meant to be delivering our flooring for the dining room. They tried to deliver on Friday, they said, but as I was sitting in the front room st the time, and the bell didn’t sound, and we didn’t hear s Knock, I don’t think they did! . They just put s note through the front door. Useless lot! It I’ll be good to see little SPike again.

Posted 2 years ago #
  19. So good to hear Spike is able to come home at last.

I find most of the delivery companies are useless with their knock & run policy. It's not always the fault of the driver - they get given an impossible schedule to fulfil, but you do have to sit & physically watch for them sometimes

Good luck with the deliveries

Posted 2 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

In my (admittedly limited) experience, DPD are one of the better delivery companies so I'm a bit surprised by that.

So pleased that Spike is fit enough to come home at last!

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.