The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(15 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

That's me booked on the three CSG weekends next year!

Posted 2 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Me and Mary too!

Posted 2 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

What terrible grammar that is. It should have read, Mary and I, also

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. I can't do Leeds - step-daughter getting married that weekend
    Waiting for a call back so I can book the other 2

Barbara, should be "Mary and I"

Posted 2 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ok ladies, let's get this quite clear - I am the grammar police on this forum, and I say that:

- there is nothing wrong with "Me and Mary too" as colloquial English

- "Mary and I, also" is a bit formal for an online forum (albeit 'correct')

- "Mary and I" is totally acceptable

Got that?

Posted 2 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helen, what a pity you can't do Leeds - Law of Sod 'n' all that...

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Glad I haven’t been told off for terrible grammar, and me a budding author too!

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Any decent author, whether budding or full-blown, needs to know how to break the rules, when to break the rules, and an editor to mop up the typos ;o)

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. Weekends booked & deposits paid
    I'm top of the waiting list for Leeds (just in case the wedding doesn't happen !!)

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Andrea seemed surprised by the number of phone calls she had yesterday to book the weekends.

I, on the other hand, wasn't the least bit surprised

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. I'm not surprised either

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Me neither!

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. Jean Strange

Morning all

Hadn’t seen that bookings were open for CSG weekends so glad you started the post Christine. I’ve booked for Swindon and so has Fiona. Jeff is coming with me so he can have a weekend with no cooking etc.

I said to Andrea when I booked “third time lucky”. 2020 I cancelled because I had just had my big op then it got cancelled anyway due to Covid then this year was cancelled due to Covid again!!!!! Have fingers and everything else crossed for 2022. Really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Agree not surprised about people booking think everyone is looking forward to a more normal existence in 2022.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. Good to see the weekend dates are announced and couldn't agree more Jean with your thoughts on not being surprised that people are rushing to book their places. We are all desperate to see our stitching chums again!

Lovely to receive Andrea's Newsletter too - and to see that the magazine will be sent out shortly - such riches!!

How's Spike doing Barbara?..... I thought of you (and him) the other evening as I turned the t.v. on something about 4.00 ish onward, to set up some recording of programmes and it went on to 'live' t.v. which was an old Chris Packham programme (well, I think it was old - he certainly looked a lot younger than he does these days!), but it was all about creatures in gardena and woodland dwellings and I just caught it at the point where he was doing a piece on hedgehogs....it was fascinating and there was all these darling 'hedgies' running about (such speed on such short legs) and noshing away on slugs (ugh...) but it was really interesting. Anyway - hopefully Spike's antibiotics have really kicked in now and he is feeling the benefit of all the T.L.C. he will be receiving......

I owe you an e-mail - been a busy week here, but will try to get to it tomorrow ...sorry for being so tardy in responding to you. Love Brenda xx

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

I can’t find out how Spike is! When ever I phone West Hatch, there’s a recorded message that says it’s closed! I reckon they’ve got the lurgy up there, and don’t have enough people to answer the phone. I shall keep trying and hopefully get an answer soon. In the meantime. The three big ones are enjoying themselves every night on the patio, hoovering up their food. They are incredibly noisy, and listening to them, I can understand why they are called hogs, because they do sound like pigs when they snuffle!
    I agree - Great to get the newsletter. Busy trying to learn lines for the Cafe Theatre which is in two weeks time - unfortunately the woman who is opposite me, in our sketches, has gone down with the lurgy, which means we haven’t been able to rehearse together! The first night could be very inter sting. Hope we’ve got s good prompter!

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.