The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hot weather

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Jean Strange
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

How’s everyone coping with this very hot weather? All a bit much for me. Have instructions not to be in sun if possible meds after op make me more susceptible to skin cancer so have been staying indoors or hunting shade!! Haven’t done a lot of stitching as on Monday and Tuesday kept curtains closed as per advise so light not good and putting on lights just introduced more heat.

In caravan now cooler weather but also have air conditioning in van!! Managed some stitching yesterday and so far today.

Hope everyone is well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Monday and Tuesday saw me sitting in a darkened room with my feet in a bowl of cold water as I cannot tolerate heat like that! In fact, today is the first time I've picked up a needle since last weekend - a first for me to go so long without doing any stitching at all.

PS. Jean - saw your message to Jane on the TV yesterday :oD

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. I don't cope with it very well
    When it started we were camping near Reading and I spend the weekend chasing the shade. I did actually manage to stitch that weekend, which I rarely do when camping.
    Then we had a few days in Wells - the cathedral is a great place to get out of the heat
    Then on to Caerphilly - not too bad, but was still chasing the shade. We came home Saturday night rather than Sunday due to the heat though.

I should have gone to the office last Tuesday, but swapped it for Monday as that was the cooler day. Aircon is wonderful so Monday was OK at work, just ended up melting on Tuesday though.

Managed to get a migraine Thursday after it had cooled down !!

Finally picked my needle back up on Friday - hope to have my Norway costumes bell pull finished for Leicester - it's soooo long

Had some rain over the weekend and the garden looks much better for it

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. JeannieQ

We are fortunate to live in an old barn which is beautifully cool inside so I managed to stay indoors AND stitch through the worst of the heat.

I have been staying with my mum up in Carlisle since Tuesday and it has rained every day so everything is lovely and green in the garden.

My sister has just travelled up from Devon and said how much greener it is up here compared to the south. Glad to know there are some positives to living up in the North!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Well it looks like we are heading for some more hot weather. Planning to go to our caravan for a few days. When it gets too hot will be sat in the van with the air conditioning turned on!!

Hopefully will manage a bit of stitching while I am away. A bit of relaxation before we have our grandsons for a week.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Jean, I hope you enjoy your time at the van
    Have a good time with the boys

It's 8.30 & 20 degrees already according to the computer

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Maybe you should all have come on holiday with me! Bob and I went to the Shetlands and the Orkneys, in July. The temperature down South was hitting 85-90 degrees, and breaking all records, but on the Shetlands, the temp. never got above 15 degrees, it rained every day, it was so cold, I nearly had to buy another fleece, and when we got to Hermaness, the most northerly point in GB, there was meant to be a cliff with loads of birds on it, but we didn't see any because of the bad visibility - down to 3 foot because of the mist!
    Never mind, enjoyed ourselves anyway.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Well, the thunderstorms have arrived now
    Monday 2.30am (ish) it was 12 miles away by 3am it was overhead
    Horrible ones at work yesterday afternoon, fortunately by home time the rain had stopped & the sun was back out.
    Today isn't too bad (so far)
    Got my Stolen Moments & the receipt for the 2023 weekends in the post this morning
    2023 is starting to fill up - 3 stitching weekends, a trip to the Somme & a family wedding so far

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.