The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

All that Glitters

(17 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. For those who enjoyed it last time All that Glitters (the jewellery) program is back this Thursday (25th) @ 9pm. I'll have to record it as we go away for the bank holiday that day

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Seen the trailers for it. Will be watching it now that Jeff is doing silversmithing at local arts centre he will be interested too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. I've decided not to bother with it this time....but I would still be interested to see the views of those who have seen it and decided to carry on watching the series. Maybe it's because I'm not very much of a jewellery buff that it didn't seem to grab me when I saw the trailer.....I also wasn't so keen on the judges in the last series either...

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I believe that one of the judges has been changed (but don't ask me which!)

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Morning everyone
    It’s the lady judge who has changed. This one has more personality she seems a bit more enthusiastic. Watched this weeks and thought she seemed very fair. As I said watching it as now that Jeff is doing silversmithing he knows something of the processes and tools which makes it more interesting.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. As we were away over the weekend I've not had a chance to watch it yet, but will try to catch up before the next one - this seems to be a busy week as well

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Ooops, thats another one I forgot to record. Have to watch it on catch up. I have had a few things on my mind recently though, as my excuse.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Watched it last night and wondered why the male judge was wearing a leather harness - anyone any ideas?

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Think it might be a shoulder brace a medical thing. Don’t know why he needs it though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I thought at first that it was a gun holster (!)

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. Last weeks one was shown last night
    Not too sure about the necklaces
    As for the custom bracelet, if I'd been the clients I'd have been very disappointed. There were some good ideas but they didn't work out in practice

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Watched it live last night, for once. I loved the asymmetrical earrings that the judges placed 2nd.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. Jean Strange

Hi watched All that Glitters last night. I agree Christine I thought Piers earrings were lovely. I also liked his cuff links. Going to be interesting to see who wins. Think it is between Piers and Jack.

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. I totally agree
    I was surprised that the judges kept Emma & sent David home - I think she was too looking at her face

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I'd be happy to wear any of the jewellery designed by the overall winner of the series

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. I completely agree with you Christine
    I thought the wrong person was going to win the series though
    So glad they looked at all the work the finalists had done

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. Jean Strange

Agree glad they looked at everything the finalists had done over the series. I thought they were going to give top spot to the wrong person if they just made their decision on final week. Glad Piers won. They described him as a jobing jeweller and Jeff said that is probably why he is so good as he is having to study how things have been made and the techniques used so he can repair things.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.