The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Joy and Jubilation

(29 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Oh - really laughed at this Mrs. Berrett.....what a gruesome thought.......mind you you've now got my inventive juices working again too.....just think on....there is yet another orifice where sticking some Poppies up would make his eyes water ......

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Only two poppies? I can think of quite a few places where I could stick them, to make his eyes really water, and I reckon that I'd probably get through about 8 or 10, to really make him suffer!
    Who wants to hold him down while the rest of us stick the poppies in, or do we all want a go?

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. I'm offering my services Mrs. Stone......

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Anybody else want a go? Brenda and I can't do it on our own.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Girls, there will be plenty of us at Leicester, more than enough I should think...

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. Rita Barron

Laughing at your posts! Just what I needed!
    Count me in girls I’m sure my weight will help!
    Yes Brenda lots of migrating birds up here. Lovely to see the geese in their v formations flying away and even nicer when they come back heralding spring. We noticed a field full of about a hundred swans! Never seen that before so close to us. Not quite sure why but our weather has been so mild I wonder if the birds are confused?
    We are having some beautiful sunny days, although chilly, pleasant for getting out and about. The trees are just gorgeous just now! I love it when they are all orange, red and crispy!
    See you all soon!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

talking of poppies, which we vaguely were, I haven't seen any being offered anywhere around Taunton. Are the number of sellers going down, or am I just not going into the places where they are normally on sale?
    Nice day today here in Taunton. See you all next week. Can't wait.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. Hello girls,
    Nice to hear from you Rita. You may wonder just why I was thinking about you on the morning I went to Ally Pally - mentioning birds that is.....but I'd got on the train and settled in my seat and suddenly thought 'the next time I do this I shall probably be on the journey to London to meet up with Frances to go to Leicester'...then my thoughts went further into wondering who else would be there - apart from ones I already knew - and suddenly your name popped into my head. I recall you've been to Leicester a few times (once notably having a rotten journey home because of some problem with signal failure or something) and by then we were drawing into the Stafford area and that's when I saw the geese and thought 'bet there's flocks of them coming in where Rita lives...' Swans though - that's interesting - just wonder now if they all belong to King Charles, seeing as they were considered the Queen's birds during her life. Swan-upping it's called as they go round everywhere counting them. Just how do they do that I wonder, I bet they all move about when there are people standing about, pointing fingers and counting!!
    Anyway....
    Poppies - yes Barbara I have to agree with you we've not had tables of the things here either - usually they occupy space in our supermarkets - seems a bit odd to be so late in organising things. No doubt now though I shall go into our Asda on Wednesday morning and there'll be tables of them then.
    Not a bad day here today - so I got some washing pegged out - sunny, warmish, gentle breeze...however, in the last ten minutes I've had to go out again and bring it all in as it's started raining. I bet by the time I finish this it will have stopped again, but blow it, it can stay on the airer now - haven't got time to keep going in and out like a yo yo pegging and unpegging.
    Gradually collecting things together on the spare bed ready for packing. This is the exciting bit isn't it...... Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. So looking forward to seeing you all

As for poppies.
    The official start of the Poppy Appeal was Thursday
    We had the boxes out in all the local shops & pubs by then, but didn't start our stands in the supermarkets until Saturday. We are hoping to cover lunch & tea time each day, but don't have many volunteers to stand there & collect. I'm going to assume this is the same in the areas that you live in.
    A lot of areas may decide just to have a single "flag day" or to only place collecting tins & poppies in shops but not to have any manned stalls.

Posted 1 year ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.