The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sewing Bee

(28 posts)
  • Started 11 months ago by Jean Strange
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Semi-final last night and the correct judgements this week, in my view.

Posted 9 months ago #
  2. JeannieQ

Yes she really did make a mess of her garments this week. I think she knew she was going too, she wasn't that surprised. Last one next week, then what have we got to look forward to - not a lot!!

Posted 9 months ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Yes definitely right decision.

Am reading Esme’s autobiography which I got as a raffle prize at Swindon interesting and amusing. Found out where the crochet blanket idea came from! Apparently she made a long skirt from a crochet blanket she found in a charity shop to wear to a ball as a teenager!!!! Think the shower curtain thing also came from something she did in her designer days.

Looking forward to the final this week but then as you say Jeannie what is next to look forward to?

Posted 9 months ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Well I think the right person won. That final dress was brilliant, just like a cornetto unwinding. The competition this year has been very good - goes to show that there are so many talented sewers out there. Just wish I could be like them.

Posted 9 months ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The 'reveal' for that dress was totally stunning

Posted 9 months ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Morning. Yes right person won. Amazing dress.

Discovered where the shower curtain idea came from. In Esme’s days as a designer for her shop Swanky Modes she and her partners made what she referred to as rain macs from shower curtain material.

Posted 9 months ago #
  7. Hello everyone - yes, can only agree Asmaa was certainly the one to win. I make lots of notes through the series and do a league table type thing as we go along....and Asmaa has shone all the way. At one time I was a bit anxious about Liz.....she ran quite a close second to Asmaa and it got to the point where I felt Patrick and Esme were 'favouring' her and urging her along - mainly because she seemed to have their sense, or feeling, for things to be slighly off piste and they both seemed to like that - but when her downfall came though it seemed to me they went in quite ruthlessly to vote her off!! - no wonder she was so upset....meanwhile Asmaa was quietly going along on a sure and certain path and thoroughly deserved to win.

Couldn't help though feeling sorry for Mia, what an amazing young lady she was - the baby of the bunch really and had only started sewing when Covid and lockdown first kicked in,so she told us. So you could only admire her for doing so well on her path of learning, with only a short term of learning under her belt.

Great series and Wednesday evenings will feel a bit empty for a while now ......

Posted 9 months ago #
  8. Can't agree more Asmaa's dress was stunning
    I said to Mick right back at the end of episode one that she could win

Did think Mia might nick it until she had a disaster with the final garment

Posted 9 months ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.