The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sewing Bee

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by Jean Strange
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

Hi everyone. I know JeannieQ put comment on Leeds topic but thought I’d start a new one. Well it all kicks off tomorrow with the new series. Looking forward to seeing the challenges this year. Apparently the first one goes back to the beginning of Sewing Bee to celebrate their “birthday”.

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Correct result, I think. There are a few that I doubt will last long, but no obvious front-runners at this stage. Such a pity that they are not given enough time to finish anything to a decent standard - or to finish anything at all! And did anyone else find that puppet unbelievably creepy?

Loving Kiell Smith-Bynoe as the new presenter (but then, Ghosts is one of my all-time favourite comedies)

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. I agree, they should get more time as the tasks are getting harder & the standards higher.
    I can't manage a sewing machine, so can't criticise too much.
    Yes, the puppet is creepy, but then I think most of that type are.
    Can't wait to see what tonight brings.

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. Not sure the right one went home last night - at least she listened to the briefs and tried to follow the instructions

Posted 1 month ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Not sure about who went home this week either. Never sure about the timings the first week whether it is not enough time given or the contestants haven’t got into their stride yet. As none of them really finished the pattern challenge properly the first week think it was time allowed. Don’t think any of them stand out yet as a possible winner.

Posted 1 month ago #
  6. Time management is definitely an issue this year, as well an not being able to follow the brief from the judges. Do any of them practice the made to measure at home? Or do any research in to what the judges were looking for?

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Some of them definitely practise at home, but it must be a bit tricky to fit the garment without the model

Posted 1 month ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.